We are looking for a General Manager for our office based in Woburn, MA.
For more than 40 years, Interscience has been developing and manufacturing innovative scientific equipment for quality control in microbiology. Our products guarantee safe and fast analyses for the food, pharmaceutical and cosmetic industries as well as environmental and medical research.
Interscience is a French family-owned company and has proved to be a worldwide leader in the Microbiology market. The company is present in more than 120 countries via distributors and offices in France, Germany, USA, China, Singapore and more recently Japan.
Interscience Laboratories Inc. (ILI) was created in 2002 and is based in Woburn, Massachusetts
To boost our development on the American Market, we’re looking for a talented and motivated General Manager ready to take on new challenges !
As a General Manager, your main objective will be to develop and implement strategic plans, as well as assess current systems and processes, to inspire business and revenue growth.
Business development and strategy :
- Develop a business development strategy focused on business and financial growth and customer satisfaction
- Identify key geographical markets, new accounts and new ways to sell, customer needs and the best use of current sales force
- Seek opportunities for expansion and growth by identifying new industry segments and accounts and developing new business opportunities
- Maintain awareness of the competitive market landscape, expansion opportunities, industry developments, etc.
- Develop campaign ideas to market company’s products, services or overall brand identity
- Collaborate with current management to meet goals
- Work with key accounts to grow the business
- Develop goals for the sales team to inspire business growth
Administrative management :
- Oversee the Interscience Laboratories Inc. team composed of 9 people (operations, sales, technical, application, administrative and logistics)
- Assess current systems and processes and improve as needed for each department
- Analyze accounting and financial data to ensure the financial health of the company
- Provide guidance and feedback to help the team strengthen specific knowledge and skill areas
- Work with current management for recruitment and training for new employees
- Oversee vendor contract management
Required skills & experience :
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years in a managerial role in the field of business development
- Team spirit : your ability to cooperate with the existing team will be a key success factor
- Knowledge of profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow management and general finance and budgeting
- Outstanding organizational and leadership skills
- Analytical abilities and problem solving skills
- Positive, motivational attitude
- Strong work ethic and proactive nature
- Strong interpersonal communication and commercial skills
- Excels in problem solving
- Excellent time management and multitasking ability
- Private industry background. Nice to have : experience in life science
- North American market experience. Nice to have : experience in an international company
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Compensation package including salary and commission based on team sales performances. Benefits including health insurance, 5 weeks vacation and 401k match after waiting period.
- Onsite position, located in Woburn with occasional travel
- Possibility of partial remote working after induction period
- Training program in France
If you are interested in a challenging position within an innovative company with international dimension, please send your application and resume to email@example.com